6.15.2010

i was inspired today.

these two people inspire me.
i learn so much from my brother's emails, it's amazing how much his mission has changed him for the good.
and Great Grandma, she is amazing. i wish everyone could meet her and hear her stories and her testimony. it's incredible.

"I saw the rooms where families from fifteen countries will be able to be sealed together for eternity. Forever. Is that not something to be worthy for? Is that not something to work for, to suffer for, to die for? Well, our Savior did die for it, for you and me, and He just asks us to follow Him, to leave the world behind. Trust me, it's really not all that great. Think about it, nothing that our church espouses or the gospel teaches is of the world, it all comes from our heavenly home. It is to that place that we want to go, and no where else. What other place is better? There's no place like home, and home is where the heart is, so darn it, I'm going to try and get all of my heart to where Heavenly Father is. Jenna, it's all real. There's nothing fanciful about it. Just as I know you live, Christ lives. He knows us, and He can lift us, higher than we can ever imagine. We just have to let go of the world, and take His hand. May you do that, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen."
-my brother.

added that to my happy list for today.

pretty darn amazing. missions are great and the church is great. i don't think i could aim for marrying anyone that didn't serve a mission. i know i couldn't. they grow so much, my testimony has grown just from my brother serving a mission.

No comments: