6.13.2010

"Young Pilgrams"

when i was young.
i thought i would grow up to be a cowgirl.
i made it a point to tell people i was a tom boy, whatever that meant.
i was a die hard "7th Heaven" fan.
whenever i heard the word "sexy" i cringed, cause it was such a bad word.
i was all about drinking Sprite.
i was a master blanket fort designer.
summers were all about the pool, Otter Pops and those little ice cream cups with the weird wooden spoons.
i hated wearing girl clothes, i'd always try to sneak off to school in my brothers clothes.
i never saw the fun in dolls and barbies.
i had a box full of school supplies and i'd force my little sisters to be my students. i was a good teacher.
times tables were my specialty.
the Space Center was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Big Bird scared me and i told people Barney was stupid, even though i loved him.
i watched The Little Mermaid ten times a day.
i praised my Pokemon card collection.
Doug, Patty and Skeeter.
i only wanted to play rec soccer for the treat at the end.
when we would do crafts in school i would purposely get glue all over my desktop and let it dry, just so i could scrape it off with my sizzors when i got bored.
at Grandma's house i would catch all the horney lizards, they spit blood. i thought it was cool.
i had a rock collection.
i irish danced. and i'd practice my dances under my desk during class.
mom got mad at me a lot for my bad posture and told me i should have better posture like Clari Gann.
the mile run at school killed me. we'd all come back to class gagging.
oh, and i was real cute...
that was the life.

if you can tell me who sings "Young Pilgrams" without looking it up i'll get you into the pool free. a once in a lifetime oppertunity.
obviously.

3 comments:

meg. said...

the shins.
i wouldn't have known that but you showed my the light.

oh also,
i sold rocks when i was little.
people bought them.
i made bank.
i was dope.

jessie said...

i totally had a crush on skeeter.
even though he was a cartoon.
i saw past that.

jenna said...

good job Melbs. i'm proud.

and Jessie, who wouldn't have a crush on a green cartoon character with like five hairs. right. he made cool sounds.